JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. – Americans for Prosperity – Missouri (AFP-MO), the grassroots organization urging the defeat of Jason Kander, released the following statement in response to comments made by Jason Kander that Missourians “don’t won’t so-called right to work.” Kander continued, “They don’t want paycheck deception. Let me tell you middle class Missourians aren’t clamoring for few rights and lower wages in the work place. That is not what they want.”
AFP-MO state director, Jeremy Cady, states:
“To say Missourians ‘don’t want so-called right to work’ is what’s deceiving. Voters overwhelmingly supported candidates that were for labor reform in St Charles County and in Kansas City. In fact, altogether, over half of Missourians support Right to Work legislation. What Jason Kander fails to mention is that Right to Work means more freedom and more choices for Missouri workers. You don’t have to look far to see the facts in action. Studies have shown our neighboring states who embrace Right to Work are economically more competitive. Missouri needs a Senator that will stand with, not against, worker freedoms that create more jobs and a better place to raise our families.”
Here are just a few of the benefits of having Right to Work legislation:
1. From 2003-2013, Right to Work states saw an increase in their employment rolls of 9.5%
2. Personal incomes in Right to Work states grew 12% more than in states without Right to Work.
3. Right to Work states have 4.1% higher personal income than non-Right to Work states.
4. The economies of Right to Work states grew about 10% more than non-Right to Work states between 2003 and 2013
5. From 2003 to 2013 the population of right to work states grew by 3% — nearly quadruple the national average of 0.8%
For more information on why it’s time for Missouri to embrace worker freedom, CLICK HERE.